tirsdag 4. oktober 2011

Bay of Islands - Truly amazing


Hi everyone!
I just want to start off, by saying that New Zealand so far has proved to be one of the most beautiful, and peaceful places I've ever been to. We've already seen and experienced unforgettable things. After a day filled with action, bungee jumping and bridge climbing in Auckland, we decided to take a day "off", just to relax and really enjoy all the breathtaking sights that surrounds us.After some deliberation and discussion , our choice fell on a place called "The bay of Island" And despite me getting sunburned, which has resulted in me looking like a fried pig , I've truly  had a fantastic day.


The bay of Islands is an area located north-west of The Northern Island and Auckland, which contains approximately 150 different islands and a number of fabulous beaches and shores. And since the only way to reach The Bay is by boat, we got up fairly early to catch the first one, which left Auckland Harbor at 8am. After a two-hour boat trip on the open sea, we finally reached the main island.
















Doesn't it look beautiful ? 

There were numerous of activities to choose among, but as I mentioned earlier we wanted to take the day off to "relax", so we planed on spending our entire day on the beach, swimming and sunbathing. I really enjoyed relaxing, but since I'm not too big a fan of just laying around getting sunburned I decided to explore my surroundings a bit on my own.I ended up with snorkeling and swimming with the dolphins. It was truly an amazing experience, and I am sure that it's something I will remember for a very long time.

As the day began to come to an end I returned back to my friends, which still was tanning on the beach, and we rounded off our day by eating at one of the many restaurants by the sea. The last boat back to the mainland left The Bay at 9pm, and now we are all just hanging around in my hotel room, but I think I'll just have to kick them out, because I'm really tired, and I need some sleep.

-Helene

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar